Texas Notary Public Training Workshop – Live in San Antonio, TX (Saturdays)
Saturday, Jul 27, 2019
9:00am – 12:00pm
Call us at (210)343-5007 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org learn about scheduling convenient “One on One” or group training.
This three-hour course sponsored by My San Antonio Mobile Notary, a BBB A+ Certified, veteran-owned business, is designed to educate current Texas Notaries Public, and those interested in the laws, rules, and regulations governing the Texas Notary Public.
This is a live, face to face, instructor-led, classroom training held in San Antonio, Texas.
Who should take this workshop?
Current Texas Notaries Public (as a refresher), and those interested in becoming a Texas Notary Public.
Why should you attend this workshop?
A Texas Notary Public is personally liable for negligence or fraud in the performance of the duties of the office. The Notary Public assumes personal liability for the full extent of damages caused by a breach of his or hers’ official duty. In addition to civil liability, Texas Notaries Public may be subject to criminal prosecution and the revocation or suspension of their notary public commission by the Texas Secretary of State’s office.
There are currently no requirements for any type of “Formal Training” for Texas Notaries Public. However, as you will learn in this course, Texas Gov’t. Code Ann. § 406.009 gives the Texas Secretary of State the authority to reject an application, or suspend or revoke the commission of any Notary Public for “good cause”. “Good Cause” includes:
- • – the failure to comply with Section 406.017;
- • – a final conviction for a violation of law concerning the regulation of the conduct of notaries public in this or another state;
- • – the imposition on the notary public of an administrative, criminal, or civil penalty for a violation of a law or rule prescribing the duties of a notary public;
This means that even though there are no requirements for formal training, a Texas Notary Public is still expected to know and more importantly follow the laws and regulations governing his or her commission.
By the way, what is not mentioned above are the monetary fines that can also be imposed if any of the laws are violated. So, not only can a Texas Notary Public loose his or her commission, the individual could be looking at some pretty hefty fines depending on the severity of the violation committed (and believe me, this does happen).
Unfortunately, the excuse “I didn’t know” does not come into play. Before you start notarizing documents, it is your responsibility to learn the rules and regulations governing your Texas Notary Public commission.There are two courses, the Texas Notary Public Workshop (Part 1) and the Texas Notary Advance Course (Part II):
- Texas Notary Public Workshop (9:00am – 12pm) is $145
- Texas Notary Public Advance Course (9:00 am to 12:00 pm) is $195
- Purchase Workshop and Advanced Course bundle for $295.00 Save $45.00
- Texas Notary Public Workshop (9:00 am – 12 pm) is $125
- Texas Notary Public Advance Course (9:00 am to 12:00 pm) is $175
- Purchase Workshop and Advanced Course bundle for $255.00 Save $45.00
- Purchase ONLINE COURSES @ http://texas-notary-public-training-academy.thinkific.com/ (Instructor-led recording no live student interaction)
- Register for our Notary2Pro Live Signing Agent Course (9:00 am – 4:00pm) $295, with mentoring: $395.
- Register online then mail in payment (payable to My San Antonio Mobile Notary) to:
- 17460 IH 35 N, Suite #430, PMB 421, Schertz, TX 78154 – Payment must be received prior to the date of the event. Seat/registration is not confirmed until payment is received.
- Register and Pay online: https://texasnotarypublicworkshopsanantonio.eventbrite.com
- Call (210) 343-5007, register and make a credit card payment by phone.
- Register online then request an invoice.
- Registration must be completed and fee(s) paid prior to the start of class. Those waiting to pay “at the door” will be subject to a $15 surcharge.
- For More Info Call: (210) 343-5007 or Email: email@example.com
Fees For Live Face to Face Classroom Training:
- Purchase LIVE FACE TO FACE CLASSROOM TRAINING: Texas Notary Public Workshop for $145.00
- Purchase LIVE FACE TO FACE CLASSROOM TRAINING: Texas Notary Public Advance Course for $195.00
- Purchase LIVE FACE TO FACE CLASSROOM TRAINING: Workshop and Advanced Course Bundle for $295.00 Save $45.00
Purchase LIVE FACE TO FACE CLASSROOM TRAINING: Texas Notary2Pro Signing Agent Course for $295, with mentoring $395
Fees For Live Webinar Training:
- Purchase LIVE WEBINAR TRAINING: Texas Notary Public Workshop for $125.00
- Purchase LIVE WEBINAR TRAINING: Texas Notary Public Advance Course for $175.00
- Purchase LIVE WEBINAR TRAINING: Workshop and Advanced Course Bundle for $255.00 Save $45.00
Fees For Online Training (pre-recorded instructor-led):
- Purchase the ONLINE WORKSHOP for $75.00
- Purchase the ONLINE ADVANCE COURSE for $95.00
- Purchase the Online Workshop and Advance Course Bundle for $150 Save $20
- THE FEES QUOTED ABOVE DO NOT INCLUDE PAYMENT FOR A TEXAS NOTARY PUBLIC COMMISSION.
What you will learn:
- How to become a Texas Notary Public
- Reasons for Rejection/Suspension/Revocation
- Duties of a Texas Notary Public
- Authorized Notarial Fees
- Recordkeeping Requirements (Notary Journal)
- Notary Responsibilities
- How to complete notarial certificates
- The difference between an Affidavit and Jurat
- How to handle Certified Copies
- How to administer an Oath
- What you cannot do
- Unauthorized Practice of Law (UPL)
- And more.
Texas Notary Public Professional Training Academy – Mission: To teach the Texas Notary Public how to properly notarize documents and complete notarial certificates, so the Notary Public will feel confident completing notarial duties for the general public. Also, provide training in “what to do” and “what not to do” as a Texas Notary Public.
About the instructor: Phyllis E. Traylor has been a Notary Public for almost 10 years. She is a United States Army retiree and the owner of My San Antonio Mobile Notary and other subsidiaries. Phyllis has a Master of Arts degree in Adult and Higher Education, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Education. She taught full-time as an Assistant Professor at St. Philip’s College in the Business Information Solutions Department, and at DeVry University as a Visiting Professor. She is currently an Adjunct Faculty member at St. Philip’s College. Phyllis is a member and contributing writer for the American Notary Association, and sits on several non-profit boards.
My San Antonio Mobile Notary has been awarded the following vendor certifications through the South Central Texas Regional Certification Agency (SCTRCA):AABE – African American Business Enterprise ESBE – Emerging Small Business Enterprise MBE – Minority Business Enterprise SBE – Small Business Enterprise VBE – Veteran-Owned Business Enterprise WBE – Woman-Owned Business Enterprise
Please join the Texas Notary Public Training Academy “Meet Up Group”, so you can stay informed. There is no cost to join this group. Announcements will be made about upcoming courses, events, Texas Notary Public news and notary supplies.https://www.meetup.com/TexasNotaryPublicTrainingAcademy/
110 E. Houston Street, 7th Floor
San Antonio, Texas, 78205